Kalesperianika, the village of the Lourantes

From Eleni Charou's blog.

In the old days the village was called Louradian from the predominant surname of Lourantos. Later it was called Calesperians from the nickname Kalisperis of the Lourantos family.

The temple of the village, the Saint George, appears as a parish from the census of 1724 at the beginning with few families. Around 1920 it had 25 families.

Common names were Leo, Fraggias, Vretos.The village preserved relics of the past for the study of traditional housing in Kythera.

Apart from the nickname Good evening, other well-known names of the village are Pieros, Spyridon, Matagiyanos, Tsiknomenos, Kralis etc.

An old folk poet in Kythera had written a rhyme for the village, which began as follows: In Kalispereanika, the great state, with forty shops and sixty cafes...

📢 Stay informed!

Follow Kythera.News on Viber. Be the first to hear the island's news.

News Feed

Monsieur Minimal live στα Κύθηρα

Ο Monsieur Minimal γιορτάζει την κυκλοφορία του νέου, πολυ-συμμετοχικού...

2η Ανοιχτή Επιστολή Simone Perotti (en)(it)

Στη Σάμο φέτος οι τουρίστες είναι λίγο λιγότεροι από...

Πρόωρες εκλογές; Τα email του ΥΠΕΣ στους εκλογείς του εξωτερικού και η χρονική συγκυρία

Νέα συζήτηση γύρω από τα σενάρια πρόωρης προσφυγής στις...

Εικαστική Έκθεση: «Αρχεία της Στάχτης»

Οι πολυθεματικές δράσεις «Μετά τη Στάχτη – Τέχνη, Μνήμη...

Ισχυρό παραμένει το αφήγημα των ελληνικών μετοχών

Η ελληνική χρηματιστηριακή αγορά δεν είναι πλέον η «φθηνή» αγορά...
spot_img
spot_img
spot_img
spot_img
spot_img
spot_img
spot_img
spot_img

Recent Articles

Popular Categories

spot_img