Three churches were dedicated to Saint Eleftherios on Kythira.
Saint Eleutherios in Manitochori
It is privately owned by the Kaloutsis family and is mentioned in a will from 1564 and in an inventory from 1682, which list old church books (psalter, anthology, Triodion, Synaxarion, Pentecostarion, Octoechos, Apostolos, Tetravangelon, Menologia, Horologion, saint’s leaflets, all printed), chalices and liturgical vessels, and everything necessary for divine worship. In 1764, the church was in urgent need of repairs, and the churchwarden Neophytos Kaloutsis—who was also the parish priest and one of the church’s owners—undertook its renovation and furnishing. According to tradition, it was a small women’s monastery during the Venetian occupation, and it was there that the nun Maria Veneropoula, who built Kakopetri, first took her vows.
Saint Eleutherius in Dokana
It is mentioned in a 19th-century register of wills, with the Glytsou family listed as the heirs. In more recent years, the church was renovated and a highly artistic two-story poros stone bell tower was added on the south side.
Saint Eleutherios in Lykodimos

It is built inside a cave near the beach of the same name and is mentioned in connection with the Venetian land distribution in the 14th century. In more recent times, it was renovated by a priest named Moulos from Logothetianika. Today, the church lies in ruins.
From Eleni Harou's website, https://www.eleniharou.gr/













